Equity Release Mortgage

“Retirement” – A period in our lives when we anticipate having the time and freedom of choice to do what we want to. But the vision of the ideal retirement is often very different. The concern about having enough liquid funds is ever present. Equity release offers a way to release cash from your home to use for anything you choose, without having to move.

Taking out an equity release plan is a long-term commitment and a major financial decision. It should not be taken lightly. Obtaining independent specialist advice and assistance is essential. Million Plus Financial Planning Ltd is an independent financial advisory intermediary with extensive experience in equity release plans. We can guide you through the whole process:

  • From assessing if an equity release is a suitable option for you or not;
  • To identifying the product most appropriate to your personal circumstances. We will provide you with a personalised illustration so that you can fully understand all the features and risks;
  • To gauging the impact an equity release may have on your tax position and/or means-tested benefit entitlements;
  • To completing the application and acceptance procedure in a smooth and timely manner.

We want to enable you to enjoy retirement, as you should – carefree.

We are a member of the Equity Release Council.






For advising, researching and arranging the best plan for you, we typically charge a fee of 1.17% of the amount released or facility arranged. 20% of this is payable on application with the balance due on completion. For example, on an equity release amount of £100,000, a fee of £1,170 would apply. Of this total amount, £234 (20% of the £1,170) would be payable on application with the remaining £936 (80% of the £1,170) payable on completion. An equity release may be a lifetime mortgage or home reversion plan. To understand the features and risks, ask for a personalised illustration.